If you’re familiar with cPanel, you might come across Softaculous. One of the easiest way to install WordPress on your website is simply by using Softaculous.
cPanel is a user-friendly platform designed to make it more convenient for users to manage their web hosting accounts. If you are working on creating a website or start a WordPress blog and you are a beginner it is better to choose hosting based on cPanel.
Login to your cPanel
- Click on the Software and select Softaculous Apps Installer.
- Find and select the WordPress icon and click Install
- From the menu that appears, click on “Install”.
Fill up the Form
- Next, you have the option to choose a quick install or a custom one. The forms that you will need to fill in will be different, depending on your choice.
- A form will show up, so fill it in. There are some pre-filled default values, you can leave them as they are if you want.Choose Installation URL : Choose the domain and the folder where you want to install WordPress.Note : If you want to install WordPress in document root i.e. example.com and NOT in a sub directory i.e. example.com/wp then leave the In Directory field as blank.Admin Username : Choose the username to be used for WordPress admin accountAdmin Password : Choose the password to be used for WordPress admin accountAdmin Email : Choose the email to be used for WordPress admin accountSelect Language : Select the language in which you want to install WordPress
After filling the form click on the Install button to start the installation process.
Softaculous will handle handle the installation process for you.
You will see the success message as shown in the screenshot below when the installation is completed.
You can then access the WordPress admin panel and/or WordPress site.
You can also manage the complete life cycle of your WordPress installation which includes upgrading, backup, restore, clone, staging and much more.
That’s it, you have just install WordPress via Softaculous.
If you liked this article, please share it with your family and friends.